Our extensive architectural and mechanical preconstruction capabilities coupled with our in-house estimating, budgeting, virtual-design, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) resources give us an appreciation and understanding of the unique requirements of today’s projects and the challenges and constraints faced by our customers.
Bringing our knowledge in Target Value Design, project programming, and scope development, as well as implementing LEAN principles like Last Planner and Pull-Planning exercises to your project early on, allows us to help shape and create the outcomes our customers desire.
Services We Offer Your Project Team
- Preconstruction/Design-Assist and Design-Build support capabilities
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)/Target Value Design and Colocation knowledge and experience
- In-house budgeting/CAD/BIM and creative resources
- Lifecycle project planning and consideration of safety and serviceability in design
- Electronic — onscreen take off for real-time “what-if” scenarios
Benefits We Provide Your Pre-Construction Efforts
- Technical expertise and decades of mechanical, fabrication, and architectural envelope experience resulting in better alignment of scope and budget
- Knowledge of current trends, historical methodologies, and means and methods
- Local fabrication and manufacturing
- Buy Oregon
- Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED)
- Lean opportunities
- Nationally certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) for meeting project diversity goals
- Project controls
Contact our Preconstruction Services Team
Thank you for your work on this project, it looks awesome.
- Sarah McLaughlin, Project Manager, INLINE Commercial Construction Inc.
“I wanted to thank you for the work you did on our varnish take fume extraction project. We got the exhaust fan powered up and did an experiment. With the VFD seat as low as 40%, we were able to capture 100% of the fog around the entire perimeter, it worked great!"
- Satisfied Customer
I would like to let you know that your crew is doing a great job performing their duties and meeting our tight schedule requirements.
- Daniel Talbott, Associate Engineer-MFN, Maxim Integrated
Wanted to pass along my sincere “thanks” to GSM for your support on the winterization project.
- Kolby D. Burmaster, Drilling Engineering Supervisor, Exxon Mobil Development
Thank you and your guys for helping us get to this point. Ya’ll really came through for us when we needed help and we really appreciate that.
- Matt Kuehn, P.E., Mechanical Engineering Manager, Parker Drilling
I wanted to express my appreciation for the outstanding efforts made by the contractor and OHSU West Campus in making not just one, but two difficult cutovers happened with such great success. Rarely have I seen groups come together this well and produce an outcome of this quality under the tight time frames as we had on these two projects. From what I heard, this also occurred with minimal disruption and inconvenience to the building occupants. To me this speaks as much to the quality of the individuals as it does to their skills. I would welcome the opportunity to with work with all of these people again, although I’m sure we’d all prefer that it were under more normal conditions. So, thanks to all those “weekend warriors’ who gave up their weekends to make this all happen.
- Mazzetti & Associates
Your employee was here last week to dismantle our Dust Collection System did an AWESOME job! We were very happy with him; he was courteous and careful. He went the extra mile, didn’t damage anything- machines or cabinets that were close by where he was working, even swept up after the job was done! It speaks very well of your company to have such an asset representing General Sheet Metal.
- Monocrest Inc.
Thank you very much for your attention to detail and the quality of work you and your staff have provided the Portland Police Bureau.
- Kelly VanBlokland
I want to thank you both again for a seamless install, the care and communication you took through the project was fantastic. I was very impressed with Phil’s coordination and site management of the project. Being new to the area, and not knowing subcontractors, you made me feel at ease through.
- Dallas Jannett, Project Manager, Kaiser Permanente Northwest
I really appreciate all the excellent work you and GSM have provided us this year. NIS in particular is leaps and bounds ahead of where we started the year.
- Brad Lyons, Project Manager, Kaiser Permanente
Your team was flawless in execution. Very impressive. The fan is on a VFD.
- Satisfied Customer
I would like to thank you and yours for the response in getting this repair knocked out for us so quickly. Thanks for the follow-up and pictures too. Look forward to hearing from you.
- Shiloh Baker, Epson
It is with great pleasure that I write this letter of recommendation. Working with you and your staff on the Gateway Discovery Park Project was a refreshing experience. Your collaboration, attention to detail and craftsmanship in completing the complex scope was evident in the final product. You approached the project with a teamwork mindset and your problem-solving skills helped deliver solutions that were mutually beneficial to GSM and City of Portland Parks. I write this letter without hesitancy in recommending General Sheet Metal on future projects. Should any of your prospective clients wish to talk with me first hand I can be reached at the contact information below. Your expertise was critical to the successful outcome on this project and I hope we have an opportunity to work together again.”
- Reid Blanchard, Construction Project Manager, Portland Parks & Recreation